In Place by God
Romans 13:1-7 GW(God’s Word)
- Every person should obey the government in power. No government would exist if it hadn’t been established by God. The governments which exist have been put in place by God.
- Therefore, whoever resists the government opposes what God has established. Those who resist will bring punishment on themselves.
- People who do what is right don’t have to be afraid of the government. But people who do what is wrong should be afraid of it. Would you like to live without being afraid of the government? Do what is right, and it will praise you.
- The government is God’s servant working for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid. The government has the right to carry out the death sentence. It is God’s servant, an avenger to execute God’s anger on anyone who does what is wrong.
- Therefore, it is necessary for you to obey, not only because you’re afraid of God’s anger but also because of your own conscience.
- That is also why you pay your taxes. People in the government are God’s servants while they do the work he has given them.
- Pay everyone whatever you owe them. If you owe taxes, pay them. If you owe tolls, pay them. If you owe someone respect, respect that person. If you owe someone honor, honor that person.
To be continued…
I ’thought’ God told me…
“They don’t understand how to receive God’s approval. So they try to set up their own way to get it, and they have not accepted God’s way for receiving His approval. Christ is the fulfillment of Moses’ Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God’s approval.” (Romans 10:3-4 GW)
I remember when… ‘I tried so hard to gain God’s approval.’ So I tried to set up my own way to get it. When Margie and I lived in Nederland pastoring a church… I ‘thought’ God told me to get my wooden cross, which I had already been doing, but not ACROSS AMERICA. Yes, thats the plan, from the east coast all the way to the west. I was so sure that God was on board for this. (You can read my book for FREE called, The Secret Place, Revealed, and read the whole Chapter 3. Get yours at GetMyPDF.com )
I know that some of you have already read this ‘quote’ and the ‘paragraph ‘ below. But, go ahead and read it again.
“THE RESTLESS SEARCH FOR THE WILL OF GOD,
IS A SURE SIGN THAT YOU ARE OUT OF IT!”
“The will of God is not a mysterious set of sealed orders we search for and receive if we happen to hit on the right formula. Rather, the will of God is a relationship with Him in which He discloses His purpose, power, and plan for our lives—and in that order…. The Lord’s will for me was to abide, listen, wait—to want Him more than His guidance…. out of love for me, He withheld temporarily what I wanted in order to give me what I needed.”
“Discovering God’s Will In Your Life” by Lloyd John Ogilvie
When I was trying so hard to gain God’s approval and His will for me, I found out that I was doing something wrong. The quote and the paragraph you just read was a turning point for me. I HOPE IT DOES THE SAME FOR YOU!
Pastor Kevin Kinchen
Romans 4:3 (MSG) says, What we read in Scripture is, “Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, AND THAT WAS THE TURNING POINT. HE TRUSTED GOD TO SET HIM RIGHT INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE RIGHT ON HIS OWN.”
That is a mouthful already… Abraham had a turning-point. He TRUSTED God instead of TRYING to do it HIMSELF. Keep reading.
…as Scripture says: “I have made you a father of many nations.” Abraham believed when he stood in the presence of the God who gives life to dead people and calls into existence things that don’t even exist. When there was nothing left to hope for, Abraham still hoped and believed. As a result, he became a father of many nations, as he had been told: “That is how many descendants you will have.”
Abraham didn’t weaken. Through faith he regarded the facts: His body was already as good as dead now that he was about a hundred years old, and Sarah was unable to have children. He didn’t doubt God’s promise out of a lack of faith. Instead, giving honor to God for the promise, he became strong because of faith…. and was absolutely confident that God would do what He PROMISED. (Romans 4:17-21 GW)
When there was nothing left to hope for, Abraham still hoped and believed. Everything was against Abraham… but he had a God with a PROMISE! “We should learn from…
Abraham’s faith was ‘confidence in a person’ “in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did.”
“First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for every one of you because the news of your faith is SPREADING THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE WORLD. I serve God by SPREADING THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT HIS SON. God is my witness that I always mention you every time I pray.“ (Spoken By The Apostle Paul – Romans 1:8-10)
When I read this earlier today I saw the Word ’SPREADING’ in there twice, I just had to write something. The CORONAVIRUS has been SPREADING its ugly self. BUT, those doctors, scientists and a host of others will have a cure. Right? Right. So, the Apostle Paul had a cure, well maybe we should call it a, “I serve God by SPREADING THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT HIS (GOD’S) SON, JESUS.” Imagine how fast we could go if we were going the speed of that virus? I’m sure we could.
So, how do we make this happen…
- First, we need to have a good relationship with our Boss (God).
- I need to know what I’m SPREADING. I am SPREADING the Good News About His Son, Jesus.
- Everywhere we go, tell everyone about Jesus.
The Spirit IN me, is for me — The Spirit UPON me, is for others.
Pastor Kevin Kinchen
Just a little something that we can ALL use.
All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in His love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect.
So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face Him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world. Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced His perfect love.
We love each other because He loved us first. If someone says, “I love God,” but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is a liar; for if we don’t love people we can see, how can we love God, whom we cannot see? And He has given us this command: Those who love God must also love their Christian brothers and sisters. (1 John 4:15-21 NLT)
Pastor Kevin Kinchen