“Brothers and sisters, we don’t want you to be ignorant about the suffering we experienced in the province of Asia. It was so extreme that it was beyond our ability to endure. We even wondered if we could go on living. In fact, we still feel as if we’re under a death sentence. But we suffered SO THAT WE WOULD STOP TRUSTING OURSELVES AND LEARN TO TRUST GOD, WHO BRINGS THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE.
He has rescued us from a terrible death, and He will rescue us in the future. We are confident that He will continue to rescue us, since you are also joining to help us when you pray for us. Then many people will thank God for the favor He will show us because many people prayed for us.” (2Cor. 1:8-11 GW)
Wow! That was a stripped-down in-your-face kind of thing brought to you from the Apostle Paul. He wanted to tell believers something, not just anybody, but somebody! Somebody who wants to dive-in, somebody who cares about people…
SO WE WOULD STOP TRUSTING OURSELVES AND LEARN TO TRUST GOD,
WHO BRINGS THE DEAD BACK TO LIFE.
“It was not by human wisdom that we have lived but by God’s kindness.” (Apostle Paul)
Pastor Kevin Kinchen
Romans 13:8-14 GW(God’s Word)
- Pay your debts as they come due. However, one debt you can never finish paying is the debt of love that you owe each other. The one who loves another person has fulfilled Moses’ Teachings.
- The commandments, “Never commit adultery; never murder; never steal; never have wrong desires,” and every other commandment are summed up in this statement: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.”
- Love never does anything that is harmful to a neighbor. Therefore, love fulfills Moses’ Teachings.
- You know the times in which we are living. It’s time for you to wake up. Our salvation is nearer now than when we first became believers.
- The night is almost over, and the day is near. So we should get rid of the things that belong to the dark and take up the weapons that belong to the light.
- We should live decently, as people who live in the light of day. Wild parties, drunkenness, sexual immorality, promiscuity, rivalry, and jealousy cannot be part of our lives.
- Instead, live like the Lord Jesus Christ did, and forget about satisfying the desires of your sinful nature.
We should all have our eye’s fastened to “live like the Lord Jesus Christ did.” And “forget about satisfying the desires of OUR sinful nature.” I’m talking about the same little things we don’t want anyone to do or to see. If you/we could get those things you/we would have enough to conquer the bigger things. You have the Holy Spirit with you. God is on your side. And remember, our goal is to “live like the Lord Jesus Christ did.“
In Him, Pastor Kevin Kinchen
In Place by God
Romans 13:1-7 GW(God’s Word)
- Every person should obey the government in power. No government would exist if it hadn’t been established by God. The governments which exist have been put in place by God.
- Therefore, whoever resists the government opposes what God has established. Those who resist will bring punishment on themselves.
- People who do what is right don’t have to be afraid of the government. But people who do what is wrong should be afraid of it. Would you like to live without being afraid of the government? Do what is right, and it will praise you.
- The government is God’s servant working for your good. But if you do what is wrong, you should be afraid. The government has the right to carry out the death sentence. It is God’s servant, an avenger to execute God’s anger on anyone who does what is wrong.
- Therefore, it is necessary for you to obey, not only because you’re afraid of God’s anger but also because of your own conscience.
- That is also why you pay your taxes. People in the government are God’s servants while they do the work he has given them.
- Pay everyone whatever you owe them. If you owe taxes, pay them. If you owe tolls, pay them. If you owe someone respect, respect that person. If you owe someone honor, honor that person.
To be continued…
I ’thought’ God told me…
“They don’t understand how to receive God’s approval. So they try to set up their own way to get it, and they have not accepted God’s way for receiving His approval. Christ is the fulfillment of Moses’ Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God’s approval.” (Romans 10:3-4 GW)
I remember when… ‘I tried so hard to gain God’s approval.’ So I tried to set up my own way to get it. When Margie and I lived in Nederland pastoring a church… I ‘thought’ God told me to get my wooden cross, which I had already been doing, but not ACROSS AMERICA. Yes, thats the plan, from the east coast all the way to the west. I was so sure that God was on board for this. (You can read my book for FREE called, The Secret Place, Revealed, and read the whole Chapter 3. Get yours at GetMyPDF.com )
I know that some of you have already read this ‘quote’ and the ‘paragraph ‘ below. But, go ahead and read it again.
“THE RESTLESS SEARCH FOR THE WILL OF GOD,
IS A SURE SIGN THAT YOU ARE OUT OF IT!”
“The will of God is not a mysterious set of sealed orders we search for and receive if we happen to hit on the right formula. Rather, the will of God is a relationship with Him in which He discloses His purpose, power, and plan for our lives—and in that order…. The Lord’s will for me was to abide, listen, wait—to want Him more than His guidance…. out of love for me, He withheld temporarily what I wanted in order to give me what I needed.”
“Discovering God’s Will In Your Life” by Lloyd John Ogilvie
When I was trying so hard to gain God’s approval and His will for me, I found out that I was doing something wrong. The quote and the paragraph you just read was a turning point for me. I HOPE IT DOES THE SAME FOR YOU!
Pastor Kevin Kinchen
Romans 4:3 (MSG) says, What we read in Scripture is, “Abraham entered into what God was doing for him, AND THAT WAS THE TURNING POINT. HE TRUSTED GOD TO SET HIM RIGHT INSTEAD OF TRYING TO BE RIGHT ON HIS OWN.”
That is a mouthful already… Abraham had a turning-point. He TRUSTED God instead of TRYING to do it HIMSELF. Keep reading.
…as Scripture says: “I have made you a father of many nations.” Abraham believed when he stood in the presence of the God who gives life to dead people and calls into existence things that don’t even exist. When there was nothing left to hope for, Abraham still hoped and believed. As a result, he became a father of many nations, as he had been told: “That is how many descendants you will have.”
Abraham didn’t weaken. Through faith he regarded the facts: His body was already as good as dead now that he was about a hundred years old, and Sarah was unable to have children. He didn’t doubt God’s promise out of a lack of faith. Instead, giving honor to God for the promise, he became strong because of faith…. and was absolutely confident that God would do what He PROMISED. (Romans 4:17-21 GW)
When there was nothing left to hope for, Abraham still hoped and believed. Everything was against Abraham… but he had a God with a PROMISE! “We should learn from…
Abraham’s faith was ‘confidence in a person’ “in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did.”