Romans 13:8-14 GW(God’s Word)
- Pay your debts as they come due. However, one debt you can never finish paying is the debt of love that you owe each other. The one who loves another person has fulfilled Moses’ Teachings.
- The commandments, “Never commit adultery; never murder; never steal; never have wrong desires,” and every other commandment are summed up in this statement: “Love your neighbor as you love yourself.”
- Love never does anything that is harmful to a neighbor. Therefore, love fulfills Moses’ Teachings.
- You know the times in which we are living. It’s time for you to wake up. Our salvation is nearer now than when we first became believers.
- The night is almost over, and the day is near. So we should get rid of the things that belong to the dark and take up the weapons that belong to the light.
- We should live decently, as people who live in the light of day. Wild parties, drunkenness, sexual immorality, promiscuity, rivalry, and jealousy cannot be part of our lives.
- Instead, live like the Lord Jesus Christ did, and forget about satisfying the desires of your sinful nature.
We should all have our eye’s fastened to “live like the Lord Jesus Christ did.” And “forget about satisfying the desires of OUR sinful nature.” I’m talking about the same little things we don’t want anyone to do or to see. If you/we could get those things you/we would have enough to conquer the bigger things. You have the Holy Spirit with you. God is on your side. And remember, our goal is to “live like the Lord Jesus Christ did.“
In Him, Pastor Kevin Kinchen