Peter knows about Christian Leadership. Don’t rush through these nine things that Peter left for us. (1 Peter 5: 1-11). Read them like they matter… because they do.
1. Be shepherds over the flock God has entrusted to you. Watch over it as God does: Don’t do this because you have to, but because you want to. Don’t do it out of greed (selfish desire), but out of a desire to serve.
2. Don’t be rulers over the people entrusted to you, but be examples for the flock to follow. Then, when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.
3. Young people, in a similar way, place yourselves under the authority of Spiritual Leaders. Furthermore, all of you must serve each other with humility, because God opposes the arrogant but favors the humble.
4. Be humbled by God’s power so that when the right time comes He will honor you.
5. Turn all your anxiety over to God because He cares for you.
6. Keep your mind clear, and be alert. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion as he looks for someone to devour.
7. Be firm in the faith and resist him (the devil), knowing that other believers throughout the world are going through the same kind of suffering.
8. God, who shows you His kindness and Who has called you through Christ Jesus to His eternal glory, will restore you, strengthen you, make you strong, and support you as you suffer for a little while.
9. Power belongs to HIM forever. Amen.
In Him, Pastor Kevin Kinchen