- Stress has been called “the silent killer” and can lead to heart disease, high blood pressure, chest pain, and an irregular heartbeat.
- Stress is linked to the six leading causes of death: heart disease, cancer, lung ailments, accidents, liver cirrhosis, and suicide.
- Chronic stress floods the brain with powerful hormones that are meant for short-term emergency situations. Chronic exposure can damage, shrink, and kill brain cells.
- Stress can alter blood sugar levels, which can cause mood swings, fatigue, hyperglycemia, and metabolic syndrome, a major risk factor for heart attack and diabetes.
- Stress can increase the ability of chemicals to pass the blood-brain barrier, which shields neurons from some poisons, viruses, toxins, and other fluctuations in normal blood chemistry.
- Stress can result in more headaches as a result of the body rerouting blood flow to other parts of the body.
WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT STRESS –
Proverbs 12:25 GW A person’s anxiety will weigh him down, but an encouraging word makes him joyful.
John 16:33 AMP I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have [perfect] peace and confidence. In the world you have tribulation and trials and distress and frustration; but be of good cheer [take courage; be confident, certain, undaunted]! For I have overcome the world. [I have deprived it of power to harm you and have conquered it for you.]
Matthew 6:31-34 MSG What I’m trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God’s giving. (32) People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. (33) Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don’t worry about missing out. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. (34) “Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
ONE MORE THING THE DOCTORS SAY –
Laughing lowers stress hormones (like cortisol, epinephrine, and adrenaline) and strengthens the immune system by releasing health-enhancing hormones.
MY ADVICE TO US ALL –
- KNOW JESUS…INSTEAD OF KNOWING ABOUT HIM.
- TRUST GOD.
- SPEAK ENCOURAGING WORDS.
- LAUGH A LOT….A WHOLE LOT!